Skip to content

Moving In and Moving Out

Room Set Up

Both due to a limited supply of extra bed frames and limiting individuals who are in/out of student residence hall rooms, beds will not be lofted this year. Being that students will not be tripled this year, there is plenty of space for both beds to be separated and on the ground. Although the beds are not lofted, they will be set to the highest adjustment (approximately 30 inches high) to provide storage underneath. We chose this as the standard it is the most common furniture set-up that students request.

Students who have a documented medical condition that requires furniture adjustments should contact Residential Life at or (585) 385-8281.

Room Condition Form (RCF)

When you first arrive in your room, you will be asked to document any damage you see on the Room Condition Form (RCF) in ResLife Online. It is your responsibility to document the condition of your room and include comments or photos as necessary.

Checking Out of Your Room

At the end of the semester, you must move out of your residence hall within 24 hours of your last final exam. View the Academic Calendar.

You are responsible for leaving your room in the same clean and orderly condition in which it was found and for completing all check-out procedures. Your RA cannot make damage assessments or quote any prices or conditions. If you wish to talk about any costs associated with damage billing, contact your residence director.

Personal belongings may not be stored on campus during summer. The College may dispose of any and all items left in the residence halls after the end of the academic year in May. The College may also dispose of any belongings you leave if you withdraw from the College, are suspended, expelled, or removed from the residence halls, or if you vacate your room for any other reason.

You will be charged a removal fee for all personal items and furniture left in your room at the end of the school year.

Once an initial inspection has been conducted, your RA will forward your completed RCF to the residence director. In conjunction with Facilities Services, if Residential Life finds that your room or items in your room have been damaged beyond normal wear, or if College property is missing, you will be billed the appropriate amount (as determined by Facilities Services) for material and labor-related costs in repairing and/or cleaning the room and/or the cost to replace College property.

You will be notified of your charges and the date to appeal damage charges through your Fisher email address after the close of the semester.

Keys and IDs

You will be issued an ID and room key when you arrive on campus. A closet key may be requested from your RD if you have a lockable closet.

Lost room and/or closet keys should be reported to the RD immediately. For lost room keys, a $50 replacement fee will be charged, the lock will be changed, and all roommates will be issued new keys. Lost closet keys will be replaced for $10. Failure to return keys at the time of checkout will result in replacement key charges.

A lost ID must be reported to the Office of Safety and Security immediately. There is a fee for ID replacement.