RA Selection Process
New RA candidates will submit formal application and complete both an individual and group interview.
Timeline for 2021-2022 Positions
- Mon., March 1 - RA application for 2021-2022 academic year positions opens at 9 a.m. in ResLife Online.
- Wed., March 3 - Optional RA candidate information session at 12:30 p.m. (Zoom Meeting, Meeting ID: 916 7057 9182)
- Thurs., March 11 - Optional RA candidate information session at 12:30 p.m. (Zoom Meeting, Meeting ID: 940 1928 9350)
- Thurs., March 22 - RA application due by 12 p.m. in ResLife Online
- Wed., March 24 - RA applicants must complete and submit individual interview responses in SparkHire no later than 4 p.m. The link to SparkHire will be included in the confirmation email you receive upon completing the application.
- Fri., March 26 - Group interview information and Zoom link will be emailed to new candidates no later than 12 p.m.
- Sun., March 28 - RA applicants participate in the group interview process via Zoom.
- Thurs., April 6 - RA applicants will be notified of their status in the RA selection process no later than 4:30 p.m.
The individual interview will be completed using SparkHire, a web based one way video software. You must create a SparkHire account or log in using a LinkedIn account in order to complete the individual interview process. During the interview, you will be asked to respond to ten questions related to your skills, experience and the RA position. Recording and submitting your responses for the individual interview will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The group interview will be completed using Zoom. During the group interview process you will be assigned to a small group with other candidates and asked to complete a series of activities used to give us a sense of your communication and problem solving skills. The group interview process is approximately 90 minutes in length and will be facilitated and evaluated by members of the Residential Life staff (RDs & RAs).
New RA Candidates
The RA application includes general, academic, and involvement related information. Applicants are also asked to provide contact information (name and email address).
Each candidate must participate in an individual interview. The purpose of the individual interview is to give candidates an opportunity to talk about their leadership, work experience, relevant skills and strengths. Attire for this interview is casual.
The purpose of the group interview is to give the candidates an opportunity to work in small groups to complete structured interactive activities with other candidates. Teamwork and decision-making will be the focus of these structured activities. Attire for this interview is casual.
Hiring and Placement
Candidates will be evaluated based on their application materials, participation in the RA selection process, and compatibility with the department's mission and goals. Decisions regarding hiring and placement are also based on the current needs of the residential community.