Fisher’s eight traditional residence halls include one exclusively for first-year students, two with a mix of first-year and upperclass students, and five for upperclass students only.
We strive to enhance the development of our students by providing a supportive and safe living-learning environment within our residence halls. We, along with our residential students, share the responsibility of creating and maintaining a positive community that is conducive to student success.
New First Year and Transfer Students
Housing applications for new first year and transfer students are now open on ResLife Online and due by June 16.
- New Student Frequently Asked Questions
- What to bring and what not to bring. Printable Packing List [pdf]
- Please check your Fisher email regularly for updates from Residential Life. If you are accessing your email for the first time, please visit the OIT website for instructions. Student Gmail Mobile Device Setup [pdf].
Room assignments will be made available to students on ResLife Online in late July or early August.
Move-In and Orientation
- Saturday, September 2 - First year (freshmen) students move into the residence halls at their assigned time and Freshmen Orientation begins! Move-in times and instructions will be provided on ResLife Online when room assignments are made available.
- Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) - Transfer and readmitted students move into the residence halls between 8 a.m. - noon, followed by Transfer Orientation. Move-in instructions will be provided on ResLife Online when room assignments are made available.
When do residence halls open and close? How do I find a roommate or request a room change? What are my options for meal plans? Get those answers here.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- June 16 - Incoming Freshman and Transfer Housing Application due on ResLife Online by noon.
- June 30 - Last day to appeal spring 2017 room damage charges.
- Early August - First Year & Transfer room assignments emailed and posted in ResLife Online
- September 2 - First year (freshmen) students move into the residence halls at their assigned time
- September 4 (Labor Day) - Transfer and readmitted students move into the residence halls between 8 a.m. - noon
- September 4 (Labor Day) - Returning students move into the residence halls between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- September 11 - Last day to make fall meal plan changes on ResLife Online (including commuter meal plans). All changes are due on ResLife Online by 4:30 p.m.