Fisher’s eight traditional residence halls include one exclusively for first-year students, two with a mix of first-year and upperclass students, and five for upperclass students only.
We strive to enhance the development of our students by providing a supportive and safe living-learning environment within our residence halls. We, along with our residential students, share the responsibility of creating and maintaining a positive community that is conducive to student success.
New First Year and Transfer Students
- New Student Frequently Asked Questions
- What to bring and what not to bring. Printable Packing List [pdf]
- Please check your Fisher email regularly for updates from Residential Life. If you are accessing your email for the first time, please visit the OIT website for instructions. Student Gmail Mobile Device Setup [pdf].
Move-In and Orientation
- Saturday, September 1 - First year (freshmen) students move into the residence halls at their assigned time and Freshmen Orientation begins! Move-in times and instructions will be provided on ResLife Online when room assignments are made available.
- Monday, September 3 (Labor Day) - Transfer and readmitted students move into the residence halls between 8 a.m. - noon, followed by Transfer Orientation. Move-in instructions will be provided on ResLife Online when room assignments are made available.
When do residence halls open and close? How do I find a roommate or request a room change? What are my options for meal plans? Get those answers here.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- June 15 - Last day for returning students to withdraw from housing
- June 15 - Housing application deadline for new freshman, transfer and readmitted students
- June 29 - Deadline to make room damage bill appeals
- Early August - First year and transfer student room assignments will be emailed and made available in ResLife Online.
- Sept. 1 - Move in day for first year students at assigned time. Room assignments and move in information will be available in ResLife Online.
- Sept. 3 - Move in day for new transfer and readmitted students from 8 a.m. - noon. Room assignments and move in information will be available in ResLife Online.
- Sept. 3 - Move in dat for returning students from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Room assignments and move in information will be available in ResLife Online.
- Sept. 10 - Last day to make meal plan changes for the fall semester. All changes are due in myMealPlan by 4:30 p.m.