Health Insurance Information
All students who pay the College's comprehensive fee are eligible to use the services of the Health and Wellness Center.
St. John Fisher College requires all full-time students to have health insurance coverage. Before arriving at Fisher, check with the student's insurance company to see if out-of-network coverage is needed for health care provided at the Health and Wellness Center.
Students who are in need of health insurance should visit the NY State of Health website to find an affordable plan right for their health needs.
Insurance and Health and Wellness Center Charges
- Students should bring their St. John Fisher College ID card and health insurance card to every visit.
- The student's health insurance company will be billed directly for services covered by their plan.
- The Health and Wellness Center refers students who need treatment or services beyond what we provide to outside specialists or hospitals. Students or their parents are responsible for all costs incurred outside the Health and Wellness Center. Student's insurance plan may cover all, part, or none of these costs.
- Lab services are outside of the Health and Wellness Center. Fees for lab tests are billed by the laboratory company and could result in a charge which may or may not be covered by the student’s insurance.
- There is no charge for mental health services and insurance is not billed.
- If insurance cannot be billed for any reason including a lapse in coverage, a student will be charged $25 for each medical visit to the Health and Wellness Center.
- If a student is unable to pay the $25 office visit fee, they may declare medical hardship status by completing the Declaration of Financial Hardship [pdf] form. Medical hardship status is granted on a case-by-case basis.