Marketing is a crucial function for all companies, large and small, across all business segments. Consequently, a bachelor’s degree in marketing from St. John Fisher College opens the floodgates to many stimulating and rewarding careers.
Through the Fisher marketing program, you will gain comprehensive knowledge about buyer behavior; examine best practices regarding ways to gather and analyze market information; and learn how to communicate and build relationships with customers.
In true interdisciplinary fashion—which is a hallmark of a Fisher education—the program offers advertising and public relations classes through the College's Media and Communication Department.
The curriculum for Fisher's marketing program consists largely of courses in accounting, finance, management, and, of course, marketing. One globalization course, which focuses on international business matters, six marketing electives, and a cadre of select liberal arts and sciences classes round out the marketing program’s course requirements.
As a Fisher undergraduate, you also will be required to fulfill the College Core requirements. A number of the marketing program’s select liberal arts and sciences courses may count toward College Core fulfillment, thus minimizing your required course load.
Courses in Internet marketing and supply chain systems help keep you on top of ever-changing market trends. These courses augment classes covering such traditional topics as promotion, selling, buyer behavior, and market research.
Life After Fisher
Upon earning your B.S. in marketing, you will be ready to occupy entry-level positions in sales, brand management, and marketing. Positions held by graduates of Fisher’s marketing program include:
- Account coordinator at Roberts Communications
- Marketing intern at Toshiba Business Solutions
- Account executive at SCM World Marketing Solutions
- Director of marketing at MassMutual Financial Group
- Project manager/consultant at OIM Squared
- Retail sales manager at Pabst Brewing Company
- Account executive at Choice Laboratory Services
- Lead visual merchandiser at Forever 21
- Major market solutions/expense management consultant at Paychex
- Email marketing specialist at 2U education technology company
- Project coordinator at ADT
- Technical recruiter at TEKsystems
The marketing program also aims to prepare students for entry into graduate and professional programs in marketing and business administration.