Ed.D. Admission Requirements
The Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Semester Entry Options
- Rochester Campus: Summer entry
- Iona College: Summer entry
- Onondaga Community College: Summer entry
Admission is limited to qualified candidates who have:
- Minimum of three years of successful management/administrative level experiences.
- Completed a master’s degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- A proven record of excellence in mid-level leadership and management.
Candidates are required to provide evidence of their potential to meet the demands of a rigorous doctoral-level program. The admissions process involves three phases.
Candidates for admission are required to submit:
- Completed online admissions application.
- Official college transcripts documenting completion of a master's degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from successful leaders currently practicing in your profession or a related profession. (Note: You can submit recommendation letters online. Please refer to the online application for instructions.)
- Supervisor's Performance Appraisal form which documents employment history and performance for the most recent two years. (Note: The Supervisor's Appraisal form can be submitted online. Please refer to the online application for instructions.)
- Three professional writing samples of no longer than five pages each, with the total not exceeding ten pages.
- Current résumé.
- Concise essay of no more than one typed page, outlining your vision of leadership and reasons for applying to the program.
If you meet the above requirements, you will be required to:
- Participate in a formal interview process.
- Provide an on-demand writing sample the day of the interview.
The admissions process is completed as follows:
- The Doctoral Program Admissions Committee reviews all required information and ranks ﬁnal candidates for admission to the program.
- Candidates are selected for each cohort.
- The candidates are notiﬁed and offered admission to the program.
- If any candidate among the finalists declines the offer or fails to submit the admissions deposit by the established deadline, the next eligible candidate on the waiting list is offered admission.