English Internships and Activities
English majors enjoy many special learning opportunities.
Internships have given English majors valuable professional experience at institutions such as:
- GEVA Theatre
- Memorial Art Gallery
- BOA Editions (publisher)
- WCMF (radio station)
- Susan B. Anthony House museum
- BizOpNet (internet company)
- The English Club sponsors programs on campus and occasional field trips.
- Celebration of Words, a semi-annual poetry presentation, and Open Mic Night allow you to share your creative work with others.
- The Angle, Fisher's literary magazine, is written, edited, and published by students. Angle staff members gain editorial and production skills.
The Honors in English Program
English majors with a 3.5 GPA in English courses and an overall GPA of 3.3 are able to pursue one of two paths towards a degree with Honors in English. Candidates on either path must earn an "A" on an honors thesis and successfully defend the thesis at an open colloquium. Those students have the opportunity to create the thesis during an independent study sequence in the senior year.