Whether you've known what you wanted to be since high school or are still undecided, here are some tools and resources to assist in your career exploration.
Personal Coaching and Advisement
CCAP advisors provide 1:1 coaching and advisement on everything from career exploration to choosing a major to resume development to interviewing and beyond. Current students and alumni can schedule your appointment through FisherLink, or Handshake, or just stop in for walk-in help during business hours. We can accommodate meetings in-person, by phone, and email.
Handshake provides access to job and internship postings, career guides, sample resumes, and more. To access additional online tools, log in to Handshake, and navigate to Career Center
Resources in Handshake
- CareerShift: A postings aggregator and research tool to streamline a job search.
- Vault: a database for conducting industry research, plus career advice and postings.
- Candid Career video series: for career explorers, a collection of video to give you inside information about thousands of occupations.
- What Can I Do With My Major: a guide to unlock ideas about various pathways from academic majors at Fisher.
- Additional resources include Occupational Outlook, Spotlight Guides for Liberal Arts, Parker-Dewey (short term paid projects), and Guidebooks on resume writing, interviewing, networking, graduate school, and more.
Cardinal Connections connects you with Fisher alumni who share their insights and advice about career pathways and opportunities.
Fisher Alumni on LinkedIn
Network and connect with hundreds of Fisher alumni in the Rochester area and beyond.