M.S. in Childhood/Special Education Application Process
The master's program in childhood and special education operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Semester Entry Options
- Fall entry only
General Application Requirements
- Completed online application
- Application fee
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two recommendation forms which can be submitted online (refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé
- Professional/career goals statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- To comply with New York state regulations, all applicants to graduate-level initial teacher certification programs must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) prior to admission and provide St. John Fisher College with official scores.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for baccalaureate degrees from approved postsecondary institutions.
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-8064 to inquire about minimum scores required on these exams.