Skip to content

Request Travel Support to Attend and/or Present at a Conference

The Center for Student Research & Creative Work supports student attendance and/or participation at professional meetings and competitions held during the academic year.

Faculty and Staff

If you are mentoring a student scholar on an independent or course-based project, or serve as an advisor of a student academic club/honor society, and would like to see them be able to present their work, please encourage them to apply for support as soon as possible. In addition, faculty or staff bringing a group of students to a scholarly event should also use this process for applying for student support (e.g. for van rental, group registration costs, etc.). Also, we will consider supporting student participation in professional meetings without formal presentations if the outcomes of the participation are clearly articulated in the application.


Please consult with your mentor or course instructor prior to applying for travel support. You will need them to submit a short letter of support to the Center for Student Research & Creative Work  at as part of your application for funding as is indicated in the travel request.

Student Scholar Travel Fund Request

Applications submitted by faculty for student academic travel or individual requests by students are considered on a rolling basis.

Student Scholar Travel Fund Request Form

Additional Travel Fund Resources

Because our funding for student travel support is limited, please explore the following additional opportunities for student travel support.

Professional Societies

Many professional societies offer competitive student travel awards.

Council on Undergraduate Research

Undergraduate student travel awards are available through the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) divisions of Arts and Humanities, Biology, Psychology, and Social Sciences