Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium
The Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium at St. John Fisher College brings together and celebrates our community of student scholars in a campus-wide, cross-disciplinary event.
The Symposium supports the recognition of all forms of scholarship and modes of dissemination and promotes conversations across Schools, disciplines, and departments enriching the intellectual vitality of our campus.
Over 200 students from more than 20 academic programs presented their scholarly work at the inaugural Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium on April 28, 2017.
Registration for the 2018 Symposium to be held on Friday, April 20, 2018 is now OPEN! Contact Dr. Picardo, Center Director, for details or help with registration.
Student Research Projects at Fisher
A sampling of student project titles presented at the inaugural Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium in 2017:
- Localization of PA-AIFM1 Interactions of Influenza Virus
- Fluorescent Immunohistochemistry to Detect Primordial Germ Cells in Zebrafish
- Super Bowl Ad Likability and Recall Among Television Viewers
- Teaching Science to Children: Understanding students' misconceptions
- Effects of Fructose Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) on Microglia and Neuronal Cell Lines
- Utilizing a Medication Synchronization Program in Improving Adherence and Overall Health Outcomes
- Depression In People With Myotonic Dystrophy
- Use of Student-Made Ultra-Thin Microfluidic Devices to Produce Lipid-Based Nanoparticles
- Development of Culture-Centered Diabetes Education for Nigerian Immigrants
- The Impact of a Nurse-Led Tablet Education Program for Acute Care
- The Rhetorical Ecologies of Women's Political Memoirs
- A Comparison of Body Mass Index of Males and Females in the United States and Pune, India
- Synthesis of Imidazolium-Based Ionic Liquid as a Gene Delivery Vector
- Effects of Over the Counter Omega-3 Fish Oils in Modulating Inflammatory Responses
- Evaluation of Over the Counter Medication Knowledge and Literacy in Middle School and High School Students
- Stability of Extemporaneously Prepared Cinacalcet Oral Suspensions
- Predicting the Photosensitivity of Tolbutamide and Sulfisoxazole by Solvatochromic Stokes Shift Analysis
- In vitro Investigation of Antimicrobial and Anti-Biofilm Activity of Toothpaste Ingredients
- Using Zebrafish, Danio rerio, to Study the Behavioral Impacts of Early Bisphenol Exposure
- Tempered Experience: The Educational Foundation of Democratic Ideology
- Environmental Racism in America: A 21st Century Social and Legal Conundrum