Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium
The Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium at St. John Fisher College brings together and celebrates our community of student scholars in a campus-wide, cross-disciplinary event.
The Symposium supports the recognition of all forms of scholarship and modes of dissemination and promotes conversations across Schools, disciplines, and departments enriching the intellectual vitality of our campus.
Over 200 students from more than 20 academic programs presented their scholarly work at the inaugural Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium on April 28, 2017.
300 students presented their research at the second annual Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium on April 20, 2018!
Student Research Projects at Fisher
A sampling of student projects presented at the Student Scholarship and Creative Work Symposium on April 20, 2018:
- Why We Push (student film)
- Identifying Patterns in Health Care Disparities and Barriers to Health Care in Rural Tanzania
- Assessing the Use of Non-Pharmacological Methods for Managing Depression in Patients with Myotonic Dystrophy (DM) and Faciscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD)
- Investigation into the Antiviral Activity of Kalanchoe Plant Extracts Against Influenza A Virus
- An Assessment of Perceived Depression in Patients in Pune, India
- Using Zebrafish (Danio rerio) to Study the Behavioral Impacts of Early Bisphenol Exposure
- Use of Bacteriophage as an Antibiotic Alternative against Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Urban Ecology of Spiders: The Influence of Phototaxis and Spatial Distribution
- Conflict in the Colonies: America's Relationship with England 1763-1776
- Examining the Impact of a Penicillin Allergy Skin Testing Brochure on Inpatient Perceptions: A Pre-Post Intervention Study
- Targeting DXP Synthase Using ThDP Mimics to Develop Newer Antibiotics
- Effects of Fructose Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) on Oxidation and Gene Expression in Neuronal Cell Lines
- Identification of Proliferating Cells in the Male Adolescent Rat Amygdala
- Does Sprint Training Really Improve Endurance Performance?
- Synthesis and Evaluation of Glycine-L-Histidine-Based Chiral Ionic Liquids for GC Stationary Phase Ability
- Eco Reps - Sustainability Peer Mentoring Program
- Synthesis and Biological Activity Investigation of Acetylphenyl Benzoates
- Demographic and Environmental Factors Associated with Alarm Fatigue in Critical Care Nurses
- Psychology and the Law: Bridging the Gap in Child Abuse Cases
- Keep Your Distance: Are People More Reluctant to Approach a Man with Schizophrenia Versus Diabetes?
- I'm Not Gender Biased: The Effect of Irrelevant Gender Norms on Behavior
- Writing New Media
- The Impact of How Technical Analysis Can Influence Behavioral Finance
- Streaming Music & Digital Assistants: 2 Advanced Research in Media Management Projects
- Play With Purpose: The Research, Planning, Execution and Evaluation of a PR Campaign
- Chelation and Dynamic Behavior in Neutral Hypercoordinate Organosilicon Complexes of 1-Hydroxy 2-Pyridinethione
- Comparing the Concentrations of Neonicotinoid Pesticides in the Nectar of Domestic Honeybees and Wild Bumblebees in Western New York
- Ring Opening of Chalcone Epoxides in a Lewis Acidic Ionic Liquid: A Green Synthetic Method
- DIY BioPrinting and Microfluidics Platforms for Research and Education
- Exposure of a Scent to Gallus gallus domesticus in ovo Leads to Detection of Similar Scents Over Time
- Investigation into the Obesogenic Properties of Bisphenols in Drosophila melanogaster Larvae
- Analysis of Adolescent Male Rat Exploratory Behavior Following Stress and Environmental Enrichment