Tools and Resources for Grantseekers
The tools and resources available below will help guide you in preparing your proposal package.
Compliance and Training
- NIH (National Institutes of Health)
- NSF (National Science Foundation)
- NEH (National Endowment for the Humanities)
- HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration)
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- U.S. Department of Education
- St. John Fisher College Common Data Set
- ACT Rochester (local data)
- United States Census Bureau (state, local and federal data)
- Building a Grant Budget
- Allowable and Unallowable Expenses
- Participant Support Costs [pdf]
- Federal and State Travel Rates
- International Travel Rates
Note: While you may use estimated per diem rates to construct a budget, only actual expenditures will be reimbursed.
Fellowships offer faculty the opportunity to expand their research and teaching, explore new research areas, and grow professionally over a period of a couple of months to a full year. Sponsored by external organizations, fellowships can take place in the U.S. or abroad and are available to faculty across all ranks – assistant, associate, and full professor. Unlike other sponsored funding, which is awarded to the College, most fellowships are awarded directly to individual faculty members.
The following is a select list of fellowships that may interest you. The OSP can provide limited guidance and support with fellowship applications. Please contact our office if you need assistance in identifying other opportunities or have questions about applying to a particular fellowship program.
Additional opportunities will be added as we learn about them.
Last updated July 24, 2019
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation (early November deadline)
- Fulbright Scholar Program (early September deadline)
- Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships (late October deadline)
- Laurance S. Rockefeller Visiting Faculty Fellowships (early November deadline)
- American Association of University Women Short-Term Research Publication Grant (early November deadline)
- American Council of Learned Societies (early September deadline)
- APS - Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities Fellowship for Research in Edinburgh (early October and December deadlines)
- Library of Congress - Kluge Fellowship (mid-July deadline)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipends (early September deadline)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowships (~April deadline)
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Fellowships (mid-November deadline)
- Gilder Lehrman Scholarly Fellowship (late July deadline)
For a comprehensive list of fellowships for arts and humanities faculty, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Research Corporation for Science Advancements –Cottrell Scholars (mid-April deadline for pre-proposals)
- Simons Foundation Fellows in Mathematics or Theoretical Physics (end of September deadline)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhARMA) Foundation (early September deadline)