Accreditation and Affiliations
CCNE and CACREP Accreditation
Nursing Program Accreditation
The baccalaureate, master's, and DNP programs at St. John Fisher College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
The Wegmans School of Nursing is also accredited by the New York State Education Department.
Mental Health Counseling Accreditation
The Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Clinical Learning Affiliations
Many health care professionals from practice settings across the greater Rochester area and beyond participate in the education of the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
The Wegmans School of Nursing has an academic practice partnership with Rochester Regional Health. In addition, clinical practice partners from all area health systems and agencies share their knowledge, serve as role models, motivate, and mentor the next generation of Fisher nurses.
The Wegmans School of Nursing places students in health care systems, community-based agencies, and private practices in the Rochester region and western/central New York.
Included among these clinical affiliations are:
- Clinton Family Health Center
- Diocese of Rochester Catholic Schools
- FF Thompson Hospital
- Generations Care
- Highland Hospital
- Hillside Family of Agencies
- Independent Living for Seniors
- Lifetime Care
- Monroe County Health Department
- Newark-Wayne Hospital
- Pluta Cancer Center
- Rochester City Schools
- Rochester General Hospital
- Rochester Psychiatric Center
- School-Based Health Clinics at East and John Marshall High Schools
- St. Ann’s Community
- St. John’s Senior Communities
- St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- The Friendly Home
- The Jewish Home
- Unity Health System
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester New York
- Volunteers of America Child Care Services
- Wilson Commencement Park
- YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County