Nursing Scholarships and Aid
Nursing Scholarships Administered by St. John Fisher College
The generosity of alumni, community organizations, and friends of the College has provided funds for special scholarships awarded to students in good academic standing who meet the specific criteria designated by the donor of the scholarship. For most of these scholarships, the College will match an applicant’s qualifications to the award and notify the recipient. Further information regarding scholarships can be found in the Financial Aid Office.
- Margaret J. Abair Memorial Book Fund for Nursing Scholarship
- Mary L. Cloonan Scholarship for Nursing
- Christopher A. DiQuattro Nursing Scholarship
- William Randolph Hearst Nursing Scholarship
- Robert & Barbara Hurlbut Nursing Scholarship
- LaPalm Nursing Scholarship
- Justine G. Carpino Nursing Scholarship
- Kathleen A. Powers Nursing Scholarship
The Wegmans School of Nursing applies for Federal Nurse Traineeship awards, non-competitive grants from the Department of Health and Human Services specifically earmarked for graduate nursing students. Awards vary with the amount of funding received. Traineeships are administered from the School of Nursing.
Outside Nursing Scholarships/Aid
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - Student scholarship programs
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association - Scholarships for undergraduate students and for registered nurses pursuing a career in nursing education
- Health Resources and Services Administration - Loans and scholarships
- Lucretia H. Richter Nursing Scholarship - Awards for students completing their B.S. or M.S. degree (information available in School of Nursing main office)
- New Careers in Nursing Scholarship Program
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Scholarships
Opportunities in the Military
Federal Student Loan Programs
- Learn about the federal government’s student financial aid programs. Further information regarding federal aid can be found in the Financial Aid Office.
- The Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program (NELRP) offers registered nurses financial assistance to repay educational loans, in return for service in eligible facilities in nursing shortage areas.