3 + 3 Prelaw Programs
Earn a law degree in six years through the Legal Education Accelerated Program (LEAP) at Fisher.
We now offer a 3+3 LEAP option in partnership with the University at Buffalo School of Law to any interested undergraduate student. By completing the program, students will earn a bachelor of arts degree and a juris doctor degree over the course of approximately six years of full-time study. Our partnerships also include Michigan State University College of Law and Ohio Northern University.
Qualifying for the Program
LEAP condenses the time necessary to earn your law degree while minimizing the cost of your education.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Matriculate at Fisher as a first-year student, completing the College's First Year Program, Core Curriculum, major, and minor requirements.
- Consult with a LEAP advisor during your undergraduate years to discuss educational and career goals.
- Earn a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
In your junior year, your advisor will work with you to help you prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and to assist you in your application to the partner programs, complete with two academic letters of recommendation from Fisher faculty.
Other eligibility requirements also apply.
To get a sense of the most recent year’s entering classes at each of our partner schools, visit their class profiles:
- ECON 250 - Law and Economics
- ENGL 271 - Introduction to Legal Writing
- POSC 210 - P3 Law, Politics, and Society
- POSC 212 - Legal Research and Analysis
- Choose ONE:
- POSC 252 - Theories of Law
- PHIL 260C - P3 The Philosophy of Law
- POSC 355 - Issues in Lawyering
- Choose ONE:
- POSC 495 - Internship
- 300 level POSC elective
Note: Course substitutions for the legal studies major can be made only after consultation with and approval of the department chair of political science and legal studies.
For more information on the 3+3 programs, contact Dr. Sebastien Lazardeux, chair of the legal studies program, at (585) 385-8440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.