Skip to content

Transfer Admissions FAQs

Get answers to all your questions about transfer admissions at Fisher, including application procedures, financial aid, transferring credits, and more.

Whether you want to know about transfer credit evaluations, scholarships and financial aid, or living on campus, we have answers. If you have additional questions not covered here, contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at (585) 385-8064.

What is the GPA requirement for admission?

You must have an overall GPA of 2.0 to be considered for admission.

Do I have to earn an associate degree before transferring?

No. Fisher accepts transfers with and without college degrees.

Do I have to be enrolled in a 2+2 program to be accepted?

No. While the 2+2 Joint Admissions Program ensures acceptance to Fisher upon completion of an associate degree, you do not need to be enrolled as a 2+2 student to be considered for admission.

Is an on-campus interview required for admission?

No. Informational interviews are available through the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions but are not required for admission.

What is the minimum grade Fisher will accept for a transfer course?

"C." Fisher will also consider grades of "P" or "S" for courses graded on a Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis.

When will I receive a transfer credit evaluation?

An official evaluation of transfer credits is provided upon acceptance, or shortly after acceptance, to the College. An informational interview prior to application may provide you with an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.

What courses I should take at my current college next semester?

If you would like to verify transferability of coursework, please call the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at (585) 385-8064 to have your individual situation reviewed.

If you attend one of our partnership colleges, we have helpful advising guides that provide detail on equivalencies and transferability of courses based on your intended degree.

Can part-time students receive financial aid?

Yes. Part-time students may receive financial aid from the federal or state government as well as outside lending agencies. St. John Fisher College does not award institutional aid to part-time students.

Can I transfer to Fisher for the spring semester?

Yes. St. John Fisher College admits new transfer students in the fall, spring, and summer academic sessions.

Learn more about the transfer admissions process.

Will I have the an opportunity to obtain an internship?

Yes. Internships are available to all students through most majors.

Can I live on campus?

Yes. You may live in the residence halls as a transfer student. However, Fisher does not provide housing for married students.