The Human Resources team is committed to enriching the work, teaching, and life experiences for all faculty and staff, in support of the College’s mission.
Human Resources is dedicated to providing high-quality service with a true sense of personal value for all faculty, staff, and their families.
COVID-19 Temporary Work Accommodations
Our collective work is driven by two guiding principles: the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, and maximizing in-person instruction to deliver the Fisher academic experience that students and faculty value. Our plans are aligned and consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws, as well as the guidelines published for the re-opening phases of New York Forward and guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Any accommodation provided as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic will be in place only for the duration of the pandemic.
The College's work has included the following:
- Creating safer classrooms by following occupancy and social distancing guidelines by New York State, expanding classroom inventory by prioritizing all campus spaces for instruction, and posting occupancy requirements and safety guidelines outside and inside the classroom.
- Providing students, faculty, and staff with two fabric masks, and creating educational materials around the required mask use on campus.
- Working with Rochester Regional Health to help monitor the health of our community with a daily health screening and area partners on isolation/quarantine protocols.
- Updating cleaning schedules and protocols for all areas of campus, focusing on high use and high touch areas.
- Supplying all classrooms, public areas, and office suites with cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer.
- Installing polycarbonate barriers at transactional areas and “touchless” technology in several campus restrooms.
- Installing “footprints” and other signage to provide social distancing guidance and direction of travel within buildings.
- Adjusting HVAC systems to improve air quality.
Please note: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently updated its guidance regarding high risks individuals and underlying medical conditions.
If you received a “STOP” response from the Daily Pass, you must not come to campus. After notifying your supervisor or department chair, please refer to the information below. Seek guidance from your health care provider regarding health-related YES responses on the Daily Pass.
Human Resources will contact you to check-in, review your situation, and next steps.
Time Away from Campus
In March, Governor Cuomo established COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave which provides employees in the state with guaranteed job protection and at least 14 days of paid sick leave for the duration of mandatory or precautionary quarantine.
- You are expected to work from home, if able. Please talk with your supervisor for a determination regarding whether or not your work can be performed from home. If you are able to work from home, you are not eligible for COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave.
- If your “STOP” response from the Daily Pass is based on voluntary travel to a location on the NYS restricted travel list, you are not eligible for COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave and you did not secure prior supervisor approval, the quarantine period will be unpaid.
If you are able to work from home, you should record time worked as follows, based on your employee classification:
- If you are a salaried/exempt employee, use “Regular Salary (10)”
- If you are an hourly/non-exempt employee, use “Regular Hours (020)”
If you are not able to work from home, you should contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate hours that will need to be recorded as COVID Sick Time.
Faculty who do not normally need to report sick time will need to report quarantine time in order to meet the College’s tracking requirements. For information on faculty medical leave and reporting, please contact Human Resources.
Based on your employee classification, other leave options, such as Family Medical Leave (FMLA), NYS Paid Family Leave (PFL), or short-term disability, may be available and may require additional supporting documentation, such as securing a quarantine order from the appropriate agency.
Monroe County Department of Public Health
Phone: (585) 753-5555
New York State Health Department
Phone: (888) 364-3065 (COVID-19 Hotline)
If you have technology needs associated with working from home, contact the Office of Information Technology Service Desk, at (585) 385-8016 or email@example.com.
NYS Travel Advisory
Effective immediately and for as long as the New York State travel advisory is in place, any students or employees traveling to/from any restricted states as determined by New York state - defined as those with a significant current community spread of COVID-19 - are required to self-quarantine in New York State (or any non-restricted state) for two weeks before returning to St. John Fisher College. The requirements of the travel advisory do not apply to any individual passing through designated states for a limited duration through the course of travel.
Additionally, any students or employees traveling internationally to a Level 3 country, as identified by the CDC, are required to self-quarantine in New York State (or any non-restricted state) for two weeks before returning to St. John Fisher College.
In the interest of the health and safety of the Fisher community as well as the greater Rochester community and the communities in which we all live, and in cooperation with the Governor’s mandate, employees are strongly advised to avoid unnecessary international travel and out of state travel. If an employee decides to pursue unnecessary travel to a restricted state or internationally without prior supervisor approval, the quarantine period will be unpaid.
Employees considering travel to a restricted state or internationally due to extraordinary circumstances should have a discussion with their supervisor or department chair prior to departure to determine if they would be able to use paid absence, vacation time, or work remotely for their quarantine period.
Jobs at Fisher
St. John Fisher College is a collaborative community dedicated to teaching and learning in a personalized educational environment.