Wegmans School of Pharmacy Mission and Accreditation
Preparing pharmacists for lives of intellectual, professional, and civic integrity.
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy will be recognized for preparing pharmacists to provide pharmaceutical care that enhances the health related quality of life of the patients they serve. The School is committed to providing an environment that:
- Promotes academic excellence, service, and scholarship.
- Encourages each student's intellectual and personal development.
- Fosters the development of lifelong learners committed to advancing the profession of pharmacy.
In fulfillment of its mission, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy strives for excellence in:
- Offer a professional pharmacy curriculum that provides qualified students with the knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and values necessary to become a licensed pharmacist providing pharmaceutical care.
- Recruit, admit, and retain high quality students of a diverse population.
- Engage faculty and students in scholarly inquiry of all forms.
- Actively involve faculty and students in the profession of pharmacy.
- Will provide quality continuing education and lifelong learning activities to assist pharmacists in maintaining existing competencies and developing new skills.
- Involve faculty, staff, and students in service that improves the community.
- Maintain an environment that promotes and supports the understanding of and an appreciation for diversity among students, faculty, staff, and the patients we serve.