Global Health Program Requirements for 2020–2021
The minor in global health consists of three required courses, six credits of electives, and a three credit experiential learning course, for a total of 18 credits.
Minor in Global Health
A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.
Required Courses – 9 credits
- ANTH 238 – P5 Global Health (3)
- ANTH 320 – Disaster, Hazards, and Risk (3)
- SOCI 201 – SQ Principles of Epidemiology (3)
Note: Embedded in the required courses are attendance and reflective papers on at least two co-curricular events supported by the College’s diversity calendar.
Electives – 6 credits
Choose six credits from the following:
- ANTH 107 – CC Culture and Conflict (3)
- ANTH 241D – P3 Medical Anthropology (3)
- ANTH 243 – P5 Ethnomedicine (3)
- ANTH 260 – P4 Genetics, Health, and Human Variation (3)
- BIOL 110 – SQ Science of Life (3)
- PHIL 250C – P2 Bioethics (3)
- PUBH 205 – Nutrition and Community Health (3)
- SOCI 344 – Social Determinants of Health and Health Care (3)
Experiential Learning Course Component – 3 credits
Choose three credits from the following:
- ANTH 490 – Internship (3) –OR–
ANTH 493 – Fieldwork (3)*
- PUBH 410 – Community Health Service Learning (3)
(or another approved service-learning course)*
- Completion of an International Study Abroad Course (3)*
Total: 18 credits
*Requires approval of the department chair.
Note: The program requirements listed are for the current academic year. Past and future program requirements may differ. Visit the catalog website to access current and past catalogs.