Ethics Program Requirements for 2020–2021
The ethics minor consists of six courses: one introductory course and your choice of five electives from a slate of multidisciplinary offerings.
Minor in Ethics
A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.
Introductory Courses – 3 credits
- PHIL 124C – P2 Introductory Ethics (3)
Electives – 15 credits
All the following elective courses have an emphasis on ethics and are offered in a variety of disciplines.
Choose FIVE courses from the following group:
- COMM 346 – Media Law and Ethics (3)
- PHIL 235 – P2 Environmental Ethics (3)
- PHIL 2401 – The Ethics of War and Peace (3)
- PHIL 250C – P2 Bioethics (3)
- PHIL 273C – Business Ethics (3)
- PSJS 275 – P3 Sustainable Futures (3)
- REST 2430 – Thinking Ethically (3)
- REST 386D – Morality in Business (3)
- SPST 420 – Sport Leadership and Ethics (3)
- WGST 2419 – Disability and Social Justice (3)
To complete the 15 credit hour elective requirement, a student may pursue one independent study course with a member of the Ethics Advisory Committee. The course explores one or more ethics topics related to the student’s chosen major. Any new courses added to the Ethical Reasoning category of core exploration courses may also be applied as electives in the ethics minor.
Total: 18 credits
Note: No more than three courses used to satisfy the student's major requirements may also be applied to the ethics minor.
Note: The program requirements listed are for the current academic year. Past and future program requirements may differ. Visit the catalog website to access current and past catalogs.