Classical Studies Program Requirements
The 18-credit-hour classical studies minor consists of one introductory course, two classical language courses, and three electives chosen from a slate of multidisciplinary offerings.
Minor in Classical Studies
A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the classical studies minor.
Introductory Course - 3 credits
- CLST 200C - P5 Worlds of Greece and Rome (3)
Classical Language Courses - 6 credits
Choose TWO courses from the following group.
- LATN 101C - P5 Beginning Latin I (3)
- LATN 102C - P5 Beginning Latin II (3)
- GREK 101C - P5 Beginning Greek I (3)
- GREK 102C - P5 Beginning Greek II (3)
Electives - 9 credits
Choose THREE courses from the following group.
- An additional course in Latin or Greek language
- CLST 210C - P5 Love in the Ancient World (3)
- CLST 225D - P5 Sport and Spectacle in the Ancient World (3)
- CLST 230D - P5 Ancient Greek Historians (3)
- PHIL 211C - P2 Ancient Philosophy (3)
- PHIL 350C - P2 Renaissance Seminar (3)
- ENGL 207C - P1 The Bible as Literature (3)
- ENGL 352 - Rhetorical Theory (3)
- LLIT 107D - CC Introduction to World Mythologies (3)
- REST 262C - P5 New Testament (3)
Total: 18 credits
Note: The information here is provided for informational purposes only. For exact requirements as well as course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.