Classical Studies Program Requirements for 2020–2021
The 18-credit-hour classical studies minor consists of one introductory course, two classical language courses, and three electives chosen from a slate of multidisciplinary offerings.
Minor in Classical Studies
A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the classical studies minor.
Introductory Course – 3 credits
- CLST 200C – P5 Worlds of Greece and Rome (3)
Classical Language Courses – 6 credits
Choose TWO courses from the following group.
- GREK 101C – P5 Beginning Greek I (3)
- GREK 102C – P5 Beginning Greek II (3)
- LATN 101C – P5 Beginning Latin I (3)
- LATN 102C – P5 Beginning Latin II (3)
Electives – 9 credits
Choose THREE courses from the following group.
- An additional course in Latin or Greek language
- CLST 210C – P5 Love in the Ancient World (3)
- CLST 225D – P5 Sport and Spectacle in the Ancient World (3)
- CLST 230D – P5 Ancient Greek Historians (3)
- ENGL 352 – Rhetorical Theory (3)
- LLIT 107D – CC Introduction to World Mythologies (3)
- PHIL 211C – P2 Ancient Philosophy (3)
- PHIL 350C – P2 Renaissance Seminar (3)
- REST 262C – P5 New Testament (3)
Total: 18 credits
Note: The program requirements listed are for the current academic year. Past and future program requirements may differ. Visit the catalog website to access current and past catalogs.