Transfer Admissions for International Students
St. John Fisher College welcomes applications from qualified international students for study.
St. John Fisher College operates on a rolling admission plan. Applications are reviewed as they are received. A transfer application is complete once we have received:
- A completed online application and $30 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Course by course credit evaluation must be provided for college transcripts from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if a student's first language is not English. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based exam, a 213 on the computer-based exam, or an 80 on the internet-based exam for undergraduate study. Results of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are also accepted. The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5. Note: Foreign students who have received their associate degrees from institutions in the United States are exempt from the TOEFL and IELTS.
- Official high school transcripts for students who have completed less than 24 credit hours at the college level. If the transcript is not in English, it must include a translation and comprehensive course-by-course evaluation from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as the World Education Services.
Additional Requirements for Accepted International Students
Once accepted, international students must:
- Submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of U.S. $300 payable to St. John Fisher College.
- Complete and submit the I-20 Application for New Students [pdf] and the Statement of Financial Support [pdf] documents certifying availability of adequate financial resources to cover a minimum of one year's financial expenses, which include tuition, room and board, fees, books, and miscellaneous expenses. Upon acceptance, international applicants will receive additional information regarding these specific documentation requirements.
The documentation submission deadline for international applicants is June 1 for fall admission (classes begin in September) and October 1 for spring admission (classes begin in January), unless currently in the U.S. in valid F-1 student status. Details and important timeline considerations are available on the Accepted International Students page.