Advising and Registration
We are here to help! Academic advising and registration assistance are two of the main services offered by the Center for Career and Academic Planning.
Find Your Advisor on FisherLink
To find the name, contact information, and meeting availability of your faculty advisor, log into FisherLink and select ‘Success Network.’ Faculty advisors are only available to students who have declared a major. Freshmen and undeclared students will be assigned an advisor through the Center for Career and Academic Planning (CCAP).
To reach a CCAP advisor, log into FisherLink and select ‘Services.’
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
Complete an Academic Program Change Request and then check your email for notifications of changes. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
Fall 2018 Registration Important Dates and Deadlines
- Tues., Sept. 4 - Full Term classes begin at 1:40 p.m. In-person registration for RAC Inter-Institutional students begins in the Registrar's Office. Pharmacy classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Tues., Sept. 4 - First Seven Week Session classes begin.
- Fri., Sept. 7 - First Weekend Session classes begin.
- Sat., Sept. 8 - Saturday classes begin.
- Tues., Oct. 23 - Second Seven Week Session classes begin.
- Fri., Nov. 2 - Second Weekend Session classes begin.
Registering for Over 19 Credit Hours
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Specify th semester for which you are requesting the overload.
- The total number of credit hours requested.
- List of all intended courses (Use format DEPT- Course Number- Credit Hours).
- Reason for the request.
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with their comments and approval to your School dean.
If approved, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s). You will be billed for each credit hour above 19.