Online Student Orientation
The orientation includes information on technology requirements, tips for being a successful online learner, links to campus services and more.
The orientation in Blackboard is available to you throughout the time you are taking online/hybrid courses so it may be used as a reference at any time, although you only need to successfully complete the Online & Hybrid Student Orientation Quiz one time, prior to the start of your course.
Once you have reviewed all the material in the module there is a short self-check quiz for you to complete. You will be reminded to complete orientation through a general announcement two weeks prior to each semester in which you are enrolled in online/hybrid courses. Course instructors will monitor to ensure students complete the orientation prior to the start of their online/hybrid course.
- When you register for an online or hybrid course, you will be automatically enrolled in an orientation module.
- Two weeks prior to your course, you will recieve a reminder to complete the orientation.
- Review the online orientation materials.
- Complete the Online & Hybrid Student Orientation Quiz prior to the start of your course.
- Start your course
- You may review the online orientation materials at any time during your course.