Math Center Policies - Online Tutoring
Students who plan on taking advantage of the services provided by the St. John Fisher College Math Center must agree to abide by the policies listed below.
The Math Center reserves the right to refuse tutoring services to anyone who has violated these policies.
- All tutoring services are provided online using Zoom.
- To request a Math Tutor, “Raise a Hand” in FisherLink.
- Once you request a tutor, you will have the option to establish a standing tutoring session for the same class. However, if you miss or cancel a standing session, all future standing appointments will be canceled. You may request a tutor again, however you may be assigned to a different tutor.
- Students should make an attempt to complete any assigned or practice exercises before asking for assistance from a tutor. Tutors will not do your work for you.
- Tutors will not help you with assignments such as quizzes or take-home exams.
- We provide tutors who have some experience in all of the courses supported. Some tutors have more expertise in certain areas than others.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, contact the director of the Math Center.