Ph.D., Marketing, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
MBA, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
B.S., Economics, West University of Timisoara-Romania
Dr. Hodis has been a member of the Fisher faculty since 2009. She currently teaches Personal Selling (MKTG 344) and International Marketing (MKTG 414), and in the past has taught Principles of Marketing (MKTG 221) and International Business Management (MGMT 312). Dr. Hodis is the founder and advisor of the St. John Fisher College Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association.
Her overall teaching approach is based on two guiding principles: actively engaging students in the learning process via experiential learning opportunities or active learning tools, and prioritizing the application rather than the memorization of knowledge. She focuses on helping students build essential skills, such as critical thinking, collaboration, and communication. Dr. Hodis participates in the community-engaged learning program at Fisher by requiring students in Marketing Principles to write and present comprehensive marketing plans for local businesses in need.
Dr. Hodis is an active researcher interested in digital marketing, online consumer behavior, and branding. Her current focus is social media marketing. Two of her studies on social media are listed as Harvard Business Review cases. Her work has been presented at top national and international marketing conferences and published in major academic journals such as the American Journal of Business, Business Horizons, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2014 Best Article Award), Journal of International Management, Journal of Marketing Management, MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Hodis, Monica A.,Rajendran Sriramachandramurthy, and Hemant C. Sashittal (2015),"Interact with Me on My Terms: A Four Segment Facebook Engagement Framework for Marketers," Journal of Marketing Management, 31 (11-12), 1255-1284.
- Sashittal, Hemant C., Monica Hodis, and Rajendran Sriramachandramurthy, (2015). "Entifying Your Brand among Twitter-using Millennials," Business Horizons, 58 (3), 325-333.
- Sashittal, Hemant, Monica Hodis & Rajendran Sriramachandramurthy, (2014). "Is Your Brand a Living Entity?" MIT Sloan Management Review, March 18 2014, Volume 55, Issue 3, pg. 95-96.
- Clark, Terry, Key, Thomas M., Hodis, Monica, and Rajaratnam, Daniel (2014). "The Intellectual Ecology of Mainstream Marketing Research: An Inquiry into the Place of Marketing in the Family of Business Disciplines," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 42, 223-241.
- Sashittal, Hemant C., Rajendran Sriramachandramurthy, and Monica A. Hodis(2012). "Targeting college students on Facebook? How to stop wasting your money," Business Horizons, 55, 495-507.
- Case version: Hemant Sashittal, Rajendran Sriramachandramurthy, and Monica A. Hodis(2012) Targeting college students on Facebook? How to stop wasting your money, Harvard Business Review, September 15, 2012, BH493-PDF- ENG
- Sriramachandramurthy, Rajendran, Siva K. Balasubramanian and Monica A. Hodis (2009). "Spyware and Adware: How Do Internet Users Defend Themselves?" American Journal of Business, 24 (2), 41-52.
- Monica A. Hodis and Gordon C. Bruner II (2009). "Technology addiction: An Exploratory Study of the Negative Impact of Technology on Consumer Welfare." Advances in Consumer Research, Volume 36, eds. Ann L. McGill and Sharon Shavitt, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 840-842.
- Clark, Terry, Monica Hodis, and Paul D'Angelo (2009). "Globalization: Ancient Root, Modern Flower," in Handbook of International Marketing (Sage Research Series) (Masaaki Kotabe editor), Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Clark, Terry, Lynette L. Knowles, and Monica Hodis (2004). "Global Dialogue: A Response to the Responders in the Special Globalization Issue of JIM," Journal of International Management, Vol. 10 (1), 511-514.