Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist – Board Certified
Clinical Care Registered Nurse
Ph.D., Nursing, Villanova University (in progress)
M.S., Leadership of Health Care Systems, University of Rochester
Post Master’s Certificate in Advanced Practice Nursing, St. John Fisher College
B.S., Nursing, Hartwick College
Clinical Practice and Research Interests
Burn, trauma and neuroscience nursing; adult critical care nursing; organ donation and transplantation; nursing quality of life and healthy work environment; critical care outcomes measurement.
- Adult/gero critical care with burn, trauma and neuromedicine focus
- Adult/gero clinical nurse specialist
- Sacco, T. L. & Delibert, S. A. (2018). Management of intracranial pressure part I: Pharmacologic interventions. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 37, 120-129. doi: 10-1097/DCC.0000000000000293
- Sacco, T. L. & Copel, L. (2018). Compassion satisfaction: A concept analysis in nursing. Nursing Forum 53, 76-83. doi: 10.1111/nuf12213
- Sacco, T.L. & Lariccia, B. (2016). Interprofessional implementation of a pain/sedation guideline on a trauma intensive care unit. Journal of Trauma Nursing 23 (3) 156-164.
- Sacco, T. L., Ciurzynksi, S. M., Harvey, M. E., & Ingersoll, G. L. (2015). Compassion satisfaction and compassion fatigue among critical care nurses. Critical Care Nurse, 35, 32-42.
- Sacco, T. L. (2015). Nursing should not be labeled a “middle skills” job. Letter to the Editor, Democrat & Chronicle.
- Sacco, T. L. Traumatic Injury Due to Explosions and Blast Effects. In T. Veenema (2013) Disaster Nursing and Emergency Preparedness for Chemical, Biological and Radiological Terrorism and Other Hazards (3rd Ed.)
- Sacco, T. L., Stapleton, M. F., & Ingersoll, G. L. (2009). Support groups facilitated by families of former patients: Creating family-inclusive critical care units. Critical Care Nurse 29 (3), 36-45.
- Sacco, T. Traumatic Injury Due to Explosions and Blast Effects. In T. Veenema (2007) Disaster Nursing and Emergency Preparedness for Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Terrorism and Other Hazards (2nd Ed.)