Fisher Hosts Integrative and Complementary Medicine Symposium
Get educated, engaged, and inspired. National and local health experts will share knowledge, resources, and advice on how to improve a person’s physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual well-being during the annual Integrative and Complementary Medicine Symposium.
Hosted by the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the symposium brings together doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and yoga and nutrition professionals for interactive workshops about how holistic approaches to care can improve health and wellness. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 12, in Cleary Family Auditorium in Kearney Hall.
Keynote speaker Dr. Ravindra Ganesh, M.B.B.S., M.D., is an internist in the Integrative Medicine and Health Department and the General Internal Medicine Department for the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Tickets are $25 for the public; $20 for Fisher faculty and staff; $40 for health care employees; $10 for students with a valid college, university, or high school ID; and $60 for pharmacists (includes four hours of continuing education credits). Purchase tickets online at https://fisherforms.sjfc.edu/pharmacy/integrativemedicine/.
The symposium is sponsored by Wegmans. Sessions for the day include:
- 8 a.m. Healthy Breakfast and Registration
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome and Introduction of Integrative and Complementary Medicine
- 9 a.m. Session I: Mindfulness and Biofeedback
- 9:35 a.m. Session II: Acupuncture
- 10:10 a.m. Break
- 10:30 a.m. Session III: CBD (Cannabidiol)
- 10:55 a.m. Session IV: Oncology
- 11:30 p.m. Session V: Tai Chi
- 12 p.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Keynote Address by Dr. Ganesh
- 1:30 p.m. Reception and discussion on the health benefits of wine with Dr. Henry Hess