Information Technology Program Requirements
The information technology curriculum emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication while stressing interdisciplinary learning.
Minor in Information Technology
A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.
Required Courses - 12 credits
- CSCI 140 - P2 Computer and Internet Ethics (3)
- CSCI 150 - P4 Life in a Digital World (3)
- CSCI 251 - Introduction to Computer Security (3)
- CSCI 260 - Introduction to Databases (3)
Electives - 6 credits
Choose TWO courses from the group below.
- COMM 269 - Web Design (3)
- COMM 468 - Advanced Web Development (3)
- CSCI/DIGC 158 - P4 Introduction to Computational Media (3)
- CSCI 161 - Foundations of Computer Science I (3)
- CSCI 300 - Networking (3)
- CSCI 385 - Data Mining (3)
- DIGC 245 - SQ Visualizing Data (3)
- MGMT 357 - Info Tech Management (3)
Total: 18 credits
Note: The information here is provided for informational purposes only. For exact requirements as well as course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.