The Alumni Association Board of Directors
The Board of Directors helps to foster alumni engagement, encourage volunteerism, and grow fundraising efforts in support of St. John Fisher College. Membership is composed of alumni, elected annually by the current members, for a term of three years.
Alumni Board Members
Chair of the Board
David Kolczynski, MBA ’94
Care-a-lot Child Care
Vice Chair of the Board
Dr. Mark Parsons ’10
Reed Eye Associates
Dave Brown ’85
Personal Lines Sales Representative
Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
Dr. Mike Butler ’80
Principal, Parker Butler LLC
Dan Dixon ’10
Nate Driscoll ’06
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Olivia Gosdeck ’14
Manning & Napier Advisors, Inc.
Peggy Hill ’84
President and CEO
Rochester Management, Inc.
Susan Ippoliti Kavanagh ’97
Vice President, Litigation Support
Function5 Forensics, Inc.
Dr. Laura Markwick ’06
Adjunct Faculty, Wegmans School of Nursing
St. John Fisher College
Jack McCabe ’67
Probation Office, Retired
United States Courts Administrative Office
Heather McGrane Minton
Information Analyst, Psychiatry Department
University of Rochester Medical Center
Dr. Ulises Miranda III ’14
U.S. Army JROTC Instructor, Rochester City School District
Dr. Chastity Murray ’06, ’08 (MS), ’17 (Ed.D.)
The Advocacy Center
Dr. Lesli Myers ’01 (M.S.), ’08 (Ed.D.)
Superintendent, Brockport Central School District
Peter Stoller ’05
National Electrical Contractors Association
Carol Sullivan ’81
Senior Project Manager
Sigma Marketing Group Inc./Acxiom
Danielle Valerino ’08
Diabetes Care Specialist
Rick Walsh ’75
Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
Nomination to the Alumni Board of Directors
If you are interested in nominating yourself or another alumnus/alumna for service on the Alumni Board, contact the Office of Institutional Advancement.
The Board of Directors acts as the main policy formulating body for the entire St. John Fisher College Alumni Association. It is composed of alumni, elected annually by the current members, for a term of three years.
Meetings: Meetings are determined by Board consensus and an annual (June 1-May 31) schedule will be set so that members can plan accordingly. Members are strongly encouraged to attend every meeting of the Alumni Board of Directors.
Volunteer Identification: The Alumni Board works to identify and recruit volunteers for College committees, programs, and advisory boards. Board members are required to join at least one sub-committee in order to ensure active participation among all Board members. The formation of sub-committees will be determined at the initial meeting of the board in June.
Expectations and Purpose of the Alumni Association
- To promote the ideals and interests of the College and its alumni.
- To act as a liaison between the College and its alumni.
- To serve as an advisory body on major issues and decisions affecting the College.
- To endeavor to attract qualified persons to attend the College.
- To assist in raising funds for the College.
Each Board member has an individual responsibility
- To attend ALL Board and sub-committee (that individual members are a part of) meetings.
- To view Fisher as a primary beneficiary of volunteer activities and charitable contributions.
- To become knowledgeable about the College in its entirety.
- To support fundraising efforts through personal giving in accordance with one's means.
- To vote according to one's individual convictions, to challenge the judgment of others when necessary, yet to be willing to support the majority decision of the Board and work with fellow members in the spirit of cooperation.
- To understand the role of the Board as an advisory body, to avoid participation in the administration of policy, and to use designated institutional channels when conducting Board business.
- To be available for consultation with other Board members and to the administration, faculty, and staff of the College, especially in our individual areas of expertise.
- To use influence and contacts to aid Fisher in its efforts to secure favorable public exposure and corporate, foundation, and individual gifts.