Orientation Information for Parents and Families
This is an exciting time for you and your student. Orientation marks the start of your student's transition to St. John Fisher College.
Our orientation program is designed to help students discover what Fisher has to offer and connect with their peers.
What to Expect at Orientation
Resident Student Check-in and Move-in
8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Check-in will begin in different parking lots on campus based on a student’s residence hall assignment.
- From the parking lots, you will be directed to individual residence halls.
- The Orientation Team will be there to welcome you, and help you unpack your car and move in.
- Students will need to check in at their individual residence hall to receive their room key, mailbox key, and student ID.
Commuter Student Check-in
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Commuter students can check in at the Campus Center Information Desk.
- All commuters should park in Lot A and proceed to check-in before joining the Welcome Picnic.
- All of the Orientation programs are required for commuter students and they will receive information on the location of their first Orientation meeting when they check in.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parents, be sure to grab a Family Info Packet and treat before you leave campus!
Please plan to say your goodbyes after the Welcome Picnic as the formal Orientation program begins for students only immediately following and continues for the remainder of the weekend.
Don't forget to join us for a fun-filled Family Weekend!