First Year Student Orientation
Welcome to Fisher! We're busy planning a fun-filled weekend just for you.
Schedule at a Glance
Preview what's happening during each day of First Year Orientation!
The first day of Orientation focuses on introductions and making connections with fellow students so you can start to get comfortable on campus.
Sessions and events include: New Student Welcome, meeting your Orientation Leaders, Floor and Commuter meetings, Playfair, and the Time Machine Dance Party.
- Resident students receive their time and location to move-in and check-in for Orientation from the Office of Residential Life.
- Commuters should plan check in for Orientation at noon at the Campus Center Desk and stay through after dinner activities.
- Orientation sessions for students start at 2 p.m., so family members should plan to depart campus by then. We will see you again at Alumni and Family Weekend!
The second day of Orientation features all of the things you will need to know to be safe and knowledgeable about Fisher. You will continue to meet other students while also being introduced to staff members who will help support your Fisher journey.
Sessions and events include: technology prep; learning about clubs and organizations; meeting key staff members from safety and security, conduct, and Title IX; Chapel Night; Carnival dinner and games; and Target Take-Over.
Last Day of Orientation!
It's about academics on day 3! On Monday, the focus is getting you ready for the first day of classes on Tuesday.
Sessions and events include: learning about the library, finding your schedule and your classrooms, learning about how to make the most of the next four years, and the Class of 2023 photo.
First Day of Classes!
Tuesday marks the start of your academic career at Fisher.
You will have your First Year Seminar class, a meeting with your academic department, and participate in the College's Matriculation Ceremony.
Regularly scheduled classes begin at 1:40 p.m.
- Orientation is required for all new full-time first year Fisher students, regardless of commuter or residential status.
- Meals are included as part of Orientation.
- Emails about First Year Student Orientation were sent to your Fisher email address on August 16.
- The location for First Year Commuting Student Orientation Check-In has changed to the Campus Center Desk. (as of 8/21)