The Fisher Cares page is our virtual one-stop-shop for the information most used and requested by our students.
If there is something else you’d like to see on this page, please let us know!
Help for me or someone else on campus
- Good Samaritan Policy: In the case of an emergency involving intoxication, alcohol poisoning, or drug-related medical issues, Fisher encourages students to seek medical assistance for themselves and/or others. Students involved in these incidents will not receive formal student conduct action regardless of conduct history provided that the student completes all meetings and conditions. In an emergency, call (585) 385-8111.
- Emergency loans are available on a case by case basis to cover any College-expenses as the result of an emergency or hardship. Please contact Student Affairs.
- The Center for Academic Advising and Support Services provides students with information and guidance about academic programs and services.
- Peer tutoring is provided at no cost for a variety of introductory undergraduate courses.
- The Writing Center assists students with most written work.
- The Math Center assists students with the development of their mathematical understanding.
- Smarthinking Online Tutoring is available to all students and provides academic support in basic math and writing, but also in more advanced subjects like organic chemistry, math beyond calculus, finance, and statistics. Smarthinking is accessed through mySJFC.
- Course-specific tutoring
- Academic accommodations may be available for students a documented need
- Academic Integrity Policies and Procedures
To know what to do in an emergency
- To report an emergency on campus dial x8111 from any Fisher phone or (585) 385-8111 from your cell phone.
- The College will issue a RAVE Alert if there is an emergency that affects campus
- Weather Closings - In the event of an overnight storm, the local media will be notified by 6:30 a.m. of the College closing or class delays. If evening classes are to be cancelled or delayed due to midday weather conditions, the media will be notified by 3:30 p.m. How will you find out?
- Check local listings: All local TV stations (10NBC, WROC-TV8, 13WHAM-TV, Fox, and Time Warner News) will carry this information. In addition, most local radio stations will be contacted.
- The College's website and the Fisher portal, my.sjfc.edu, will have a message.
- The College's Facebook page and Twitter account will post the message.
- You will also be notified by email.
- In case of inclement weather, please do not contact the campus switchboard. The local media outlets will have the most up-to-date information.
To feel better
- Not feeling well?
- Counseling and Mental Health
- Sexual Assalt Information