Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Fisher has partnerships with dozens of community organizations in Rochester, giving you the chance to regularly volunteer your time to causes that matter most to you.
Ongoing Service Opportunities
If you are interested in helping out with any of the below organizations, contact the person indicated or get in touch with the Community Service Office!
By volunteering your time you not only help others, you also develop the skills, knowledge, and perspectives needed to contribute to a diverse and complex society.
American Red Cross
Blood drives are held three times during the school year. Sign up to donate a pint and save five lives or volunteer to assist with check in or help with food and drink following the donation. If interested, please contact Sally Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-8196 or SWAV.
Bethany House is a home for women and children who are in transition. Volunteers are needed to read to children, help stock shelves, prepare meals, etc. If interested, please contact Sally Vaughan at email@example.com or (585) 385-8196 for more details.
Up to 10 volunteers needed to sort, label, package, and distribute food. Please contact Chris Murphy at (585) 413-4097.
Volunteers needed for a variety of tasks including recreation, room visits, gift shop, etc. If interested, contact Mary Graham at (585) 385-0219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity
Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Six volunteers are needed per house (full day commitment or volunteer in the ReStore). Contact Teresa Bianchi at (585) 697-2012 or email@example.com.
Mount Hope Cemetery Clean Up
Landscape volunteers help with routine landscaping maintenance (such as mulching, weeding, raking, and planting) and special projects. Events are held every second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. - noon, April through November. In addition, the cemetery hosts other cleanups throughout the year. Contact Maria Fisher at (585) 428-7736 or visit the Mount Hope Cemetery website.
Postsecondary Education Programs at Fisher
St. John Fisher College partners with three local school districts to offer postsecondary education programs designed to support young adults with developmental disabilities, ages 18-21, as they gain life skills needed to transition to adulthood. For more information, contact Dr. Whitney Rapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 899-3718.
Ronald McDonald House
Volunteers are needed to clean, cook, sort food, and other tasks that may be needed. Contact Kathy Keenahan at (585) 442-5437 x3 or Kathy.email@example.com.
Volunteer to assist refugees while sorting through donations and delivering them to their homes. Contact Executive Director Isabel Miller at (585) 385-6860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are needed to serve as kitchen assistants, help out with Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, serve as bell ringers during the Red Kettle Campaign, set up the Christmas Toy Shop and distribute toys, and more. Contact Lindsay Kroboth at (585) 987-9500 x2318 or Lindsay.email@example.com.
Volunteers of America
Volunteers help in a variety of ways at different locations throughout the Rochester area. Contact Joe Sergio at (585) 402-7214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full List of Volunteer Partnerships
- Advent House
- American Diabetes Association
- American Red Cross
- Angels of Mercy
- Asbury Methodist Church Ministries
- Bethany House
- Better Day Buddies
- Camp Good Days and Special Times
- Catholic Family Center
- The Center for Youth Services
- Church of the Transfiguration
- City of Rochester
- Cobblestone Arts Center
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- CP Rochester
- Crisis Nursery of Greater Rochester
- East Rochester Youth Recreation Center
- Friendly Home/Cloverwood
- George Eastman House
- Habitat for Humanity
- Harbor House of Rochester
- Heritage Christian Services
- Hillside Children's Center
- Homework Huddle
- Hope Lodge
- Jewish Senior Life Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Lollypop Farm
- Louise Slaughter Campaign Headquarters
- Lower Falls Foundation
- Maplewood Library
- March of Dimes
- Mary’s Place
- Melita House
- Mount Hope Cemetery
- National Chapter of Missing/Exploited Children
- National Kidney Foundation
- Never Say Never Foundation
- Peace Corps
- Pittsford Village Farmers Market
- Pittsford Volunteer Ambulance
- The Pluta Foundation
- Project Hope
- Rochester Broadway Theatre League
- Rochester General Hospital/Foundation
- Rochester Museum and Science Center
- Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
- Rochester Psychiatric Center
- Rochester Youth Ministry
- Ronald McDonald House
- St. Joseph's Neighborhood Center
- Saints Place
- Salvation Army
- Seneca Park Zoo
- Sisters of St. Joseph Ministries
- Sojourner House
- Special Olympics
- UR Children's Center
- UR Medical Center/Wilmot Cancer
- Volunteers of America/ Step by Step
- Wegmans Hillside Foundation
- Writers and Books
- Youth as Resources
- East Rochester Schools
- Nativity Preparatory School
- Nazareth Elementary
- Notre Dame Learning Center
- St. John Neumann
- School of the Holy Childhood
Rochester City Schools
- East High School
- Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School
- Monroe High School
- New Directions at Edison Tech
- Post Secondary Program
- Vanguard High School
- Wilson Foundation Academy
- School #2
- School #29
- School #39
- School #41
- School #50
- School #52
- School #58