Internship Information for Students
Fisher provides many resources to help you take advantage of experiential learning opportunities like internships, job shadowing, mentored research, fieldwork and more.
All of the Schools at St. John Fisher College—Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Nursing, and Pharmacy—require or recommend appropriate internship or work engagements outside of the classroom.
Explore the opportunities available to you now and in the future:
- Semester-long internships—paid or unpaid, for-credit or not-for-credit.
- One-day "shadowing" experience at local companies or non-profit organizations.
- Multi-day, project-based "externships" at companies or non-profit organizations, typically over winter and spring breaks.
- Micro Internships: These short-term, paid, professional assignments are available throughout the year and allow you to demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build your network as you seek the right full-time role.
- Fisher Flight Plan: a career immersion experience hosted by alumni in selected US cities Summer Research Fellows program for faculty-mentored research experiences.
Finding an Internship or an Experience-based Opportunity
As classroom experiences vary, so too will your internships.
- Talk to your faculty advisor, your department chair, or your School internship coordinator.
- Advisors at the Center for Career and Academic Planning (CCAP) have access to a range of search tools to help you find something that suits your schedule , career interests, and program requirements. Start with Handshake to see current postings.
Opportunities by School
The School of Arts and Sciences has opportunities for internships or applied work experiences in several programs. Use the links below to explore for each program.