Alumni Career Services
The career development process includes five phases: self-assessment, career exploration, making a decision, job search, and the job.
The Center for Career and Academic Planning provides individual counseling appointments for alumni up to two years post-graduation on a space available basis. Alumni interested in career counseling who are more than two years post-graduation are encouraged to use the New York State Career Center Locator tool.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- NYS Career Zone
- My Plan
- RBJ Book of Lists
- Annual Reports
- Library Databases - Visit the Lavery Library website or visit your local public library.
Making a Decision
- State your goals and your objectives.
- Create targeted career correspondence.
- Set a timeline.
- Gather resources.
- Define a strategy with the Career and Job Search Strategy Worksheet [pdf].
Center for Career and Academic Planning Resources
- Job Search Links
- Lavery Library Databases: Use library databases and directories to research and identify companies
- New Workplace Rules for Job Success
- Should I Go To Graduate School?
- Use LinkedIn to stay current with your career field
- Continue to pursue challenges and opportunities that are presented to you
- Assess your satisfaction in the position and begin the cycle again if/when necessary
- How to Prepare for a Career Change