Service Saturdays is a six-week post-orientation initiative that invites Fisher students, faculty, and staff to volunteer with various organizations in the Rochester community.
Service projects will vary from clean-ups, recycling projects, runs/walks, and more. This initiative is an opportunity to connect the Fisher community with one another and to give where they live.
Past Service Saturday events have included:
- Sorting and organizing donations with FoodLink
- Cleaning up the grounds of Mt. Hope Cemetery
- Volunteering at the Walk a Mile event to benefit Willow Domestic Violence Center
- Organizing donations for the Ronald McDonald House
The 2017 Service Saturdays calendar is as follows:
- Saturday 9: Habitat for Humanity
- September 16: Foodlink
- September 23: Bethany House
- September 30: Ronald McDonald Household Sale
- October 7: Washington Grove
- October 14: Mount Hope Cemetery Clean-Up
For more information about Service Saturdays, contact the Office of Campus Life at (585) 385-8005 or email@example.com.