Advising and Registration
We are here to help! Academic advising and registration assistance are two of the main services offered by the Center for Career and Academic Planning.
Find Your Advisor on FisherLink
To find the name, contact information, and meeting availability of your faculty advisor, log into FisherLink and select "Success Network." Faculty advisors are only available to students who have declared a major. Freshmen and undeclared students will be assigned an advisor through the Center for Career and Academic Planning (CCAP).
To reach a CCAP advisor, log into FisherLink and select "Services."
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
Complete an Academic Program Change Request and then check your email for notifications of changes. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Advising Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Academic Pathways [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings Video
- Online Registration Guide Video
- Courses Meeting Outside Regular Times [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
- Course Registration Waitlist Policy [pdf]
Course and Exam Schedules
Summer and Fall 2019 Registration Important Dates and Deadlines
- Week of Mar. 25 Timeslots available in Fish 'R' Net.
- Mon., Apr. 1 - Fall registration for continuing students begins by assigned timeslot. Access to Fish’R’Net is restricted until your Fall 2019 timeslot opens.
- Fri., Apr. 5 - All timeslots have opened; access to Fish’R’Net is no longer restricted. Web activity for Summer and Fall continues.
- Mon., Apr. 8 - In-person registration for Nazareth Language Inter-institutional students begins in the Registrar’s Office.
- Fri., May. 17 - Summer First Weekend session classes begin.
- Mon., May. 20 - Summer Full, First Seven Week and First Six-week session classes begin.
- Mon., Jul. 8 - Summer Second Seven week and Six Week Session classes begin.
- Fri., Jul. 12 - Summer Second Weekend session classes begin.
- Mon., Aug. 19 - Fall registration begins for all undergraduate non-matriculated students in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Tue., Sep. 3 - Fall Full Term classes begin at 8:00am. In-person registration for RAC Inter-Institutional students begins in the Registrar’s Office.
- Tue., Sep. 3 - Fall First Seven Week classes begin.
- Fri., Sep. 6 - Fall First Weekend session classes begin.
- Fri., Sep. 7 - Fall Saturday classes begin.
- Tue., Oct. 22 - Fall Second Seven Week classes begin.
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Fall Second Weekend session classes begin.
Registering for Over 19 Credit Hours
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Specify the semester for which you are requesting the overload.
- The total number of credit hours requested.
- List of all intended courses (Use format DEPT- Course Number- Credit Hours).
- Reason for the request.
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with their comments and approval to your School dean.
If approved, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s). You will be billed for each credit hour above 19.