Advising and Registration
We are here to help! Academic advising and registration assistance are two of the main functions of the Center for Academic Advising and Support Services.
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
Complete an Academic Program Change Request and then check your email for notifications of changes. This form also allows you to change you academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Mon., May 1 - Course registration for summer undergraduate non-matriculated students begins in the Center for Academic Advising and Support Services.
Advising and registration for summer and fall transfer and readmitted undergraduate students begins in the Center for Academic Advising and Support Services.
- Fri., May 19 - Summer First Weekend session classes begin.
- Mon., May 22 - Summer Full, First Seven Week and First Six Week session classes begin.
- Fri., Jul. 7 - Summer Second Weekend session classes begin.
- Mon., Jul. 10 - Summer Second Seven week and Six Week Session classes begin.
- Mon., Aug. 21 - Fall registration begins for all undergraduate non-matriculated students in the Center for Academic Advising and Support Services.
- Tue., Sep 5 - Full term classes begin at 1:45 p.m. In-person registration for RAC Inter-Institutional students begins in the Registrar's Office.
- Tue., Sep 5 - First Seven Week classes begin.
- Fri., Sep 8 - First Weekend session classes begin.
- Sat., Sep 9 - Saturday classes begin.
- Tue., Oct 24 - Second Seven Week classes begin.
- Fri., Nov 3 - Second Weekend session classes begin.
Registering for Over 19 Credit Hours
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Fisher ID number;
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload;
- Total number of credit hours requested;
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours);
- Reason for the request;
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to your School dean.
If approved, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s). You will be billed for each credit hour above 19.
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor, log into Fish 'R' Net and select Student Services and Financial Aid > Student Records > View Advisor Email Address.