Staff Recognition Program
The Staff Recognition Program exists to promote enhanced staff connection to campus community, to showcase staff accomplishments, to aid in overall retention of employees, and to offer a program consistent with the culture of today's employers including peer institutions.
Staff Recognition Awards
In addition to the specific characteristics outlined in each award, nominees must demonstrate quality characteristics such as: integrity, Fisher spirit, genuineness, professional/personal ethics, self-discipline, and self-initiative.
The 2018 Staff Celebration will be held on Thursday, April 12 at 1:30 p.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium.
To nominate an employee for an award, complete the online forms found below.
The awards are as follows:
Recipients of the Freshman Award:
- have been employed with Fisher for 3 years or fewer.
- "hit the ground running" and made a positive and immediate impact on the Fisher community.
- have easily adapted to Fisher culture.
Recipients of the Cardinal Award:
- foster a positive attitude.
- demonstrate initiative and stand out among the Fisher community.
- exemplify the Fisher spirit.
Recipients of the Good Samaritan Award:
- give of their own time to make a difference in the lives of others.
- provide outreach and/or actively participate in the Fisher and/or greater community.
- and serve as a role model for others.
Recipients of the Lifelong Learner Award:
- continually seek further education/professional development to enhance his/her growth.
- demonstrates a passion for gaining knowledge.
- proactively shares their knowledge and/or expertise with campus community.
Recipients of the Students’ Choice Award:
- demonstrate a “student first” approach and their daily actions and efforts are consistently aligned with the Fisher student in mind.
- consistently look out for the well-being of each student.
- are proactive in fostering/promoting the success of all students.
- genuinely care about students.
Recipients of the Great Group Award:
- have worked together as a department, working group/team, or committee.
- achieved success for a project or initiative.
- impacted the College with their work.
- serve as a model for collaborative group initiatives.
The Basilian award can be given to an outstanding nominee who encompasses all of the characteristics mentioned in each award category and stands out to the committee and the Basilian fathers.
Eligible members include all staff employees (non-faculty).
Some examples are:
- Library and OIT personnel
- All academic support personnel (academic advisors, lab managers) and Business office personnel
- Admissions personnel
- Safety and Security/Bus Drivers, etc.
- Lackmann Culinary Services
- Regular staff that have already won (cannot be selected for same award within two consecutive years)
- Student employees
- Temporary employees
- Contract employees
If you’re unsure whether someone fits within the eligibility criteria, please send an email to email@example.com.