Staff Recognition Program
The Staff Recognition Program exists to promote enhanced staff connection to campus community, to showcase staff accomplishments, to aid in overall retention of employees, and to offer a program consistent with the culture of today's employers including peer institutions.
Staff Recognition Awards
In addition to the specific characteristics outlined in each award, nominees must demonstrate quality characteristics such as: integrity, Fisher spirit, genuineness, professional/personal ethics, self-discipline, and self-initiative.
The 2019 Staff Celebration will be held on Thursday, April 11 at 2 p.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium.
To nominate an employee for an award, complete the online forms found with the award descriptions below.
The awards are as follows:
Staff members of the Fisher Family all contribute to the unique and exemplary work of St. John Fisher College. However, do you know someone who goes ABOVE and BEYOND the expectations of their daily role…someone who soars to aspirational heights and serves as a shining example of the Cardinal spirit? Please help us all to learn about their exemplary contributions by nominating them for a Soaring Cardinal Award!
Recipients of the Soaring Cardinal Award:
- Demonstrate initiative and stand out among the Fisher community
- Give of their own time to make a difference in the lives of others
- Provide outreach and/or actively participate in the Fisher and/or greater community
- Serve as a role model for others
- Proactively share their knowledge and/or expertise with campus community
- Exemplify the Fisher Creed
All staff nominated will be recognized at the April 11, 2019 Soaring Cardinals Recognition Ceremony. Up to ten will be selected as award recipients.
Staff members of the Fisher Family all contribute to the unique and exemplary work of St. John Fisher College on a daily basis. Do you know someone who exemplifies the Cardinal spirit in all they do within their role here at Fisher? Please help us all to learn about their exemplary contributions by nominating them for a Wings Up Award!
Recipients of the Wings Up Award exemplify the Fisher spirit in their day-to-day role by:
- Completing their role while exhibiting the Fisher spirit
- Contributing to their department or team in a positive way
- Inspiring those around them to stand out as they take on day-to-day tasks
All staff nominated will be recognized at the January 11, 2019 and the May 22, 2019 Staff Recognition events.
The Basilian Award is given to an outstanding nominee who encompasses all of the characteristics of a Soaring Cardinal, the Basilian Fathers’ goodness, discipline, and knowledge, and has performed a service or given of themselves in a way that far exceeds that of everyday generosity. Nominees must inherently possess the following qualities, exhibited through a heroic deed, in addition to maintaining the highest level of job performance:
- Professional and personal ethics
- Self discipline
- Self initiative
- Be inclusive of all people
- Team player
The Basilian Award might not be awarded every year and could be awarded to more than one recipient at the discretion of the Staff Recognition Committee in consultation with Father Mannara as a representative of the Basilian Fathers.
To date, this award has recognized two inspiring Fisher staff members:
- 2014: Richard Hansis, for his selfless quick thinking in an emergency, sacrificing his own safety to ensure that his coworkers were kept safe in a dangerous and frightening situation.
- 2015: Pam Carzo, for her generous spirit and kindness supporting the family of Scott Swigert while they faced the challenges of terminal illness.
If you know someone who should be recognized for a Basilian Award, please email: email@example.com
Eligible members include all staff employees (non-faculty).
Some examples are:
- Library and OIT personnel
- All academic and departmental personnel
- Safety and Security/Bus Drivers, etc.
- Other staff
- Fisher Dining Services
- Student employees
- Temporary employees
- Contract employees
If you're unsure whether someone fits within the eligibility criteria, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.