Data Analytics Core 2020
Students enrolling at Fisher under the 20/21 Course Catalog (Class of 2024) and later will be required to satisfy the new Core 2020 requirements. This replaces the old CC/SQ/P1/P2/P3/P4 core requirements.
FA20 Core 2020 Course Offerings
In the FA20 semester, the following courses will be offered under Core 2020:
- COMM 1110 - Media Data Analytics
- ECON 1199 - Numbers Don't Lie, Do They?
- MATH 1130 - Intro to Business Analytics (similar to MATH130 Mathematical Modeling & Quantitative Analysis)
Technology Guide for Excel [pdf] (Companion to Textbook specific to this course)
- MATH 1170 - Predicting the Future (similar to MATH170 Mathematical Modelling)
These courses will use technology such as calculators, web applets, Google Sheets, and Excel Data Analysis ToolPak.
Resources for Microsoft Excel
- Basic Introduction to Excel (Video)
- Data Analysis in Excel (instructions on sorting, charts, pivot tables, and Advanced Tools)
- Data Analysis ToolPak (Installing & Using)