Access to Banner Finance is only given to individuals who have job functions related to monitoring a budget, such as program directors, department chairpersons, vice presidents, deans, and administrative personnel.
If you already have access to Banner but not Banner Finance AND you are a budget manager, you will need to fill out a Banner Access Request form [pdf] and send it to the appropriate people for authorization.
There are several ways to run Banner. Some people run Banner from an icon on their computer's desktop. However, a more common way is to log onto mysjfc.edu and select the Banner link on the left in the Launchpad folder.
Another way is to use the Start button in the lower left of your screen. Select the following sequence of steps: Start > All Programs > Banner > Banner PROD
If you can log into Banner using your current password, then select the Change Banner Password link located on the right side of the main Banner General Menu page, in the My Links section.
Another way is to type GUAPSWD in the Banner General Menu Go To field.
If you are unable to log into Banner, then please read OIT Banner password instructions.
Contact Beverly Senecker by email at email@example.com or phone at (585) 385-8054.
Our Who to Contact page lists a variety of finance functions and who the main contact person is.
Information about Banner can be found in an area called the Bookshelf. The Bookshelf is located in the My Links section on the right side of the main Banner General Menu and contains many documents based on the Banner topic. There is a wonderful document in the General category called Getting Started.
- First, click on the Bookshelf link.
- Read about proprietary products and choose an answer.
- On the left side of the new window, scroll down until you find Banner General.
- Click on the plus sign (+) in front of the name to see the list of documents.
- Scroll down to Banner Getting Started Guide. (There might be several versions listed. For the most recent information, select the version with the highest number.)
- Use the document to obtain general information about Banner.