The edTPA is one of the certification exams mandated by New York State to become a teacher. The edTPA was designed to answer the essential question: "Is this new teacher ready for the job?" During student teaching, candidates teach 3-5 lessons and submit video clips of instruction, student work samples, and lesson plans, along with an analyses of student learning in order to demonstrate their impact on student learning.
Note: Unless otherwise noted, the following resources are from the edTPA website.
Important Sites and Resources
- Official edTPA website
- edTPA policies
- Candidate Support Guide - Making Good Choices [pdf]
- Special Education Candidate Support Guide - Making Good Choices in Special Education [pdf]
- Parent Letter and Student Release Form for edTPA [pdf] - to be filled out by the parent/guardian of students featured in your edTPA work.
- Use of ePortfolio System Overview
- Submitting Your Assessment
- ePortfolio System FAQs [pdf]
- Troubleshooting of Uploading Files or System Errors [pdf]
- Tips for Mac Users [pdf]
- The edTPA: Tips for Success & Survival [pdf] - from the College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services at the University of Cincinnati