About the School of Education
Welcome to the School of Education at St. John Fisher College. The School of Education operates within the context of the College's mission and its liberal arts tradition.
The primary purpose of the School of Education is to provide leadership and coordination for all programs that prepare education professionals for certification and careers in schools, elementary through high school.
In carrying out this purpose, the School of Education is committed to:
- Providing high-quality programs of study, instruction and practice
- Understanding, promoting, and respecting diversity
- Supporting candidate, faculty, staff, and program development
- Ensuring that resources support appropriate classroom and clinical experiences
- Promoting internal and external partnerships
- Encouraging faculty to be engaged in activities that promote effective teaching, scholarship, assessment, advisement, and professional and community service
The School of Education and its related educational programs are located in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. building, a state-of-the-art facility with advanced technological capacity. We look forward to working with you as you prepare for professional careers in education.