Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – Board Certified
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Post-Master's Certificate, Women's Health Practitioner, University of Rochester
DNS, University of Buffalo
Post Masters Certificate, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, University of Rochester
M.S., Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pediatrics, University of Rochester
B.S., Nursing, State University College at Plattsburgh
My research interests are transitions, with completed qualitative studies completed on women's transition through the menopausal years and the transition of DNP nurse graduates to the workplace. I am a women's health nurse practitioner who is interested in promotion the health of women of all ages. Within the profession of nursing I am interested in leadership and placing more nurses on health related boards. I am also interested in social justice, the reduction of poverty in our region and equal access to health care.
- Nasso, J., McCloskey, C. Nordquist, S., Franzese, C. & Queenan, R. A. (2018). The gestational diabetes group program. Journal of Perinatal Education, 27, (2), 86-97.
- Russell, S. and McCloskey, C. (2015). Parent Perceptions of Care Received by Children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families, Volume 31, (1), 21 – 31.
- McCloskey, C. (2012). Changing Focus: Women's Perimenopausal Journey. Health Care for Women International, 33(6), 540-559. doi:10.1080/07399332.2011.610542
- McCloskey, Cynthia Ricci, (2010): Updated Office Testing for Vaginal Infections, The Nurse Practitioner, 35, (2), 46-52.
- Powers, K. and McCloskey, C., (1981) The Childbearing experience: A prototype for the study of continuity of care, Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing, 5, (1), 53-66. (doi: 10.3109/01460868109105383)