M.S., University of Rochester
I come from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry where I did research in the Evolution of Tumor Immunity and Viral Pathogenesis in amphibians for 10 years. I have a wide range of training and experience in cellular, biochemistry, and molecular techniques which I use to assist other faculty and research projects. At this time, I do not maintain my own research but would like to in the future.
- Robert, J., Gantress, J., Rau, L., Bell, A. and Cohen, N. (2002). Minor histocompatibility antigen-specific MHC-restricted CD8 T-cell responses elicited by heat shock proteins. J. Immunol. 168(4):1697-1703.
- Rau, L., Gantress, J., Bell, A., Stewart, R., Horton, T., Cohen, N., Horton, J. and Robert, J. (2002). Identification and characterization of Xenopus CD8 T cells expressing an NK-associated molecule. Eur. J. Immunol. 32:1574-1583.
- Gantress, J. (2002). Development and characterization of an amphibian model system to study immune responses to iridoviruses. Master degree thesis, University of Rochester, 72 pp.
- Gantress, J., Maniero, G., Cohen, N. and Robert, J. (2003). Development and characterization of a model system to study amphibian immune responses to iridoviruses. Virol. 311:254-262.
- Robert, J., Cohen, N., Maniero, G., Goyos, A., Morales, H. and Gantress, J. (2003). Evolution of the immunomodulatory role of the heat shock protein Gp96. Cellular Mol. Biol. 49(2): 263-275.
- Morales, H., Muharemagic, A., Gantress, J., Cohen, N. and Robert, J. (2003). Bacterial stimulation upregulates the surface expression of the stress protein gp96 on B cells in the fog Xenopus. Cell Stress & Chaperones 8(3):265-271.
- Robert, J., Gantress, J., Cohen, N. and Maniero, G. (2004). Xenopus as an experimental model for studying evolution of hsp-immune system interactions. Methods 32:42-53.
- Goyos, A., Cohen, N., Gantress, J. and Robert, J. (2004). Anti-tumor MHC class Ia-unrestricted CD8 T-cell cytotoxicity elicited by the heat shock protein gp96. Eur. J. Immunol. 34: 2449-2458.
- Marr, S., Goyos, A., Gantress, J., Maniero, G. and Robert, J. (2005). CD91 up-regulates upon immune stimulation in Xenopus adult but not larval peritoneal leukocytes. Immunogenetics 56:735-742
- Robert, J., Morales, H., Buck, W., Cohen, N., Marr, S. and Gantress, J. (2005). Adaptive immunity and histopathology in frog virus 3-infected Xenopus. Virol. 332:667-675
- Maniero, G. Morales, H., Gantress, J., and Robert, J. (2006). Generation of a long-lasting, protective, and neutralizing antibody response to the ranavirus FV3 by the frog Xenopus. Dev Comp Immunol 30:649-57.
- Robert, J., Abramowitz, L., Gantress, J. and Morales, H. (2007). Xenopus laevis: a possible vector of ranavirus infection? Journal of Wildlife Diseases.43(4):645-652.