Post-Doctoral Fellowship, New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing
Ph.D., Health Practice Research, University of Rochester School of Nursing
M.S., Nursing, Pontificía Universidad de Chile
B.S., Nursing, Binghamton University
B.A., History, Boston College
My program of research aims to understand and address health disparities. My research and clinical work focuses on patients in home and community-based settings with limited English proficiency and developing and implementing interventions to improve self-management of chronic illness and medication literacy, particularly among older adults.
- Miner, S., Squires, A., Ma, C., McDonlad, M., Jones, S., (2018). “Detecting disparities in medication management with low English proficiency home health patients.” (In review).
- Squires, A., Lor, M., Liang, E., Arneson, G. Miner, S. (2018). Exploring home care provider and patient perspectives about language access services. American Journal of Public Health. (In review).
- Miner, S., McDonald, M., Squires, A. (2018). “The problem we have is medication. It’s something new to us…” Medication Literacy and Somali Older Adults Receiving Home Care”. Home Healthcare Now. (In press)
- Ma, C., Shang, J., Miner, S., Lennox, L., Squires, A. (2017) The Prevalence, Reasons, and Risk Factors for Hospital Readmissions Among Home Health Care Patients: A Systematic Review. Home Health Care Management & Practice. DOI: 10.1177/1084822317741622
- Miner, S., Liebel, D., Wilde, M.H.; Carroll, J. Omar, S. (2017) “Somali Older Adults’ and their Families’ Perceptions of Adult Home Health Services”. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. doi.org/10.1007/s10903-017-0658-5
- Squires, A., Deshefy-Longhi, T., Witkoski-Stimpfel, A., Djukic, M., Ma, C.T., Miner, S., Greenberg, S.A., Van Cleave, J. (2017). State of the Evidence: The NICHE 25th Anniversary Report. New York: New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing.
- Kub, J., Kulbok, P, Miner, S., Merrill, J., AAN Environmental and Public Health Expert Panel. (2017) “Increasing the Capacity of Public Health Nursing to Strengthen the Public Health Infrastructure and to Promote and Protect the Health of Communities and Populations.” Nursing Outlook. Volume 65 , Issue 5 , 661 - 664
- Miner, S., Liebel, D., Wilde, M.H.; Carroll, J., Omar, S. (2017) “Using a clinical outreach project to foster a community engaged research partnership with Somali families”. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education and Action 11(1) 53-59.
- Miner, S., Liebel, D.V., Wilde, M. H., Carroll, J. K., Zicari, E., & Chalupa, S. (2017). Meeting the needs of older adult refugee populations with home health services. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 28(2), 128-136.
- Rhee, H., Miner, S., Sterling, M., Halterman, J., Fairbanks, E. (2014). Development of An Automated Device for Asthma Monitoring (ADAM) for Adolescents: Methodologic Approach and User Acceptability. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2(2), e27. DOI:10.2196/mhealth.3118
- Cianelli, R., Ferrer, L., Norr, K., Miner, S., Irarrazabal, L., Bernales, M., Peragallo, N., Levy., J., Norr., J., McElmurry, B. (2012). Mano a mano mujer an effective HIV prevention for Chilean Women. Health Care for Women International .33(4), 321-341. DOI 10.1080/07399332.2012.655388
- Miner, S., Ferrer, L, Cianelli, R., Bernales, M., Cabieses, B. (2011). Intimate partner violence and HIV risk behaviors among socially disadvantaged Chilean Women. Violence Against Women. 17(4) 517-531. DOI 10.1177/1077801211404189
- Miner, S., Poupin, L., Bernales, M., Ferrer, L, Cianelli, R. (2010). Intervenciones educativas efectivas en VIH para Mujeres(Effective Educational Interventions in HIV for Women). Revista Horizonte de Enfermería. 21(1) 67-79.