What to Expect from Orientation 2017
Orientation, held Saturday, Sept. 2 through Tuesday, Sept. 5, marks the start of your transition to St. John Fisher College. Our Orientation program is designed to help you discover what Fisher has to offer, connect with your peers, and engage in the many opportunities on campus.
Saturday, Sept. 2: Move-In Day
8:00 to 11:30 a.m. Resident Student Check-in and Move-In
Check-in will begin in different parking lots on campus based on your residence hall assignment.
- Please be patient and arrive at your assigned time as we will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.
- From the parking lots, you will be directed to individual residence halls.
- The Orientation Team will be there to welcome you, help you unpack the car, and move you in.
- You will need to check in at your individual residence hall to receive your room key, mailbox key, and student ID.
- Once you are settled in your room, you can connect with roommates and start your residential journey.
12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Commuter Student Check-in
- Commuter students can check in at the Campus Center Information Desk.
- All commuters should park in Lot A and proceed to check-in before joining the Welcome Picnic.
- All of the Orientation programs are required for our commuter students, and they will receive information on the location of their first Orientation meeting when they check in.
Early Arrival Athletes: If you are an early arrival athlete, you will report to campus as directed by your coach and live in a temporary room until closer to the start of the semester. You should bring what you need for pre-season practices only, not all of your belongings.
11:30 to 1:30 p.m. Welcome Picnic for all students and families.
1:30 p.m. Please plan to say your goodbyes after the Welcome Picnic. Your formal Orientation program begins immediately following the picnic and continues for the remainder of the weekend.
For the full schedule, please visit the Orientation Website.